Thursday, May 15, 2014

Final Reflection

       As a final blog reflection I really don't know what to say. Keeping a up with a blog for a class isn't easy especially when the only other time I've ever had a blog was for personal use and I only wrote something on it when I felt the need to get something out. I've clearly fallen behind about a month on my blog reflections mostly because at some point I had nothing to say. The class was interesting enough. I really enjoyed the fact that we got to use so much media in the classroom and that we were able to look at other people's profiles and learn from each other. The best way to learn about anything is through your peers and through social media. Since we're all so addicted to it we are constantly bombed with information that, in most cases we don't even need to know about. It's useless. However, by incorporating it in the classroom setting we are integrating something that we like with something that we need. In such a case, we can grab the attention of those suffering from social media addiction and channel it in a positive direction. For example, I have an addiction to my cell phone. With my cellphone I am able to access information at a very quick rate and learn about things almost as soon as they happen. When I'm curious about something I google it and then if it's interesting enough I repost it on other social media channels. There have been countless times were I've learned something by searching Facebook.
       My favorite part of the semester was the poetry section. It really brought me out of my comfort zone because I never really share my writing or poetry with anyone. It was nice to hear and see what my classmates came up with too. It's like we shared this awkward and uncomfortable experience together. Well that's how I felt at least.
      The other projects were cool, although I felt like they were too simple and somewhat random. I know that might screw the students in this class for next semester, but I had a really hard time understanding how everything is connected together with things other than just media literacy. A part of me see's the connection, but another part of me was really confused how it all fit together.
     It was a really great class and I hope to spend time with other fabulous super seniors next semester if anyone else is still stuck at school like I am. <3

Stay classy people ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment